HPS #60 Safe Schools and Bullying Tipline
The Hannibal Public School District #60 knows that when students become aware of unsafe people and/or bullying situations, it can be very difficult for some to report as they are fearful or feel pressure from others to keep things secret. We want students to help us keep their schools and classmates safe, and to break the “code of silence” with respect to matters that can impact the safety of their schools and/or students being bullied in our schools.
If you or your students suspect or become aware of any students in a school who are planning or acting in any unsafe way or are being bullied, please let us know. The HPS #60Tipline is a fast, effective, and safe way to let us know about the unsafe or bullying situation and not worry about being identified as the source of the information.
Students and/or parents may report school safety and/or bullying concerns in several manners.
- Students and/or parents may click on the document to the right to download and print off a Bullying Incident Report Form and turn the completed form in to their student’s principal the next day at school.
- Students and/or parents submit their concern via e-mail by clicking on the appropriate building e-mail address listed below:
- The HPS #60 Tipline e-mails are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week and they are checked frequently during each school day and on weekends. “Tips” will be referred to the proper school and/or law enforcement authorities.
- Students and/or parents may call the Central Office (221-1258) between 7 a.m. to 4 p.m. and they will notify the proper school authorities who will investigate the unsafe school or bullying situation.
- We have established a phone number that can be called 24 hours a day, 7 days a week and leave a message to report a safety and/or bullying incident. That number is (573) 719-0143.
- The HPS #60 Tipline is intended to give students and parents an easy way to report unsafe and/or bullying situations and help us work together in this important area. Please spend some time with your students today sharing this information and discussing with them the importance of their help to keep their school safe and bully free. If you have any questions about the HPS #60 Tipline, please feel free to contact our Superintendent at 221-1258.