Taiwan Project is a cultural exchange program that began seven years ago
the help of the
of Missouri. In this program students learn about another
culture through videoconferencing, through e-mail exchange, and
ultimately through a visit to the other country.
students at Hannibal High are eligible and encouraged to participate in
Taiwan Project. We hold our regular meetings the second and fourth
Wednesday before school. Because there is a thirteen hour time
difference, the video conferences are held in the
- During our Spring Break in 2005, I made my first international
flight to Taipei. You can read my journal
and see pictures from my trip!
- Our fall fundraiser was a home tour. If you have MicroSoft
Word, you can look at our flier
advertising the homes on our tour.
- During the fall we discovered that the Mandarin Chinese CD had
been taken from the public library. Our group
collected money so that we could replace the missing CD. Take a
look at our picture presenting the CD
to the public library. We are standing in front of the showcase
- During our Christmas video conference we asked River City Review to perform for
our partner school. Everyone involved had a wonderful time.
We took a picture of
the singing group with our polycom via video equipment.
- The students have been learning Mandarin Chinese in preparation
for our trip to Taipei.
- To learn more about the Chinese New Year, we looked at a Power
Point Presentation created by our partner school.
- During our next videoconference we will be making a presentation
to our partner school about our country and school.
- Who would not want to eat a pancake
after seeing our mascot?
- You can go to our summer camp webpage to see our daily journals
from our summer camp in Taiwan
- Check out the incredible homes that
were on our our fall home tour.
- Thanks to all who participated in the "Holiday
- Our traditional meal was an incredible experience for everyone
involved. Check out our program, to
see what we learned about Asian culture.
- Thanks to all who participated in our pancake breakfast.
- Check out our proposed itinerary for
our summer camp. We are expecting 44 students and 6 teachers to
particpate in this event.